I haven't posted in so long! I'm sure all five of my readers noticed. I'm going to try and make this short though. Just hitting the highlights from the last month and half or so.
First, I have done nothing for "the list". I know what you are thinking. How am I ever going to get it done. I don't know. I am not giving up though. This summer is going to be filled with accomplishing things from "the list".
Next, I have a new job! Many of you already know that. I'm so thrilled to be the children's minister at Venture Community, the church plant I have been attending in Denton. I was so shocked when Luke called me one Wednesday afternoon and asked if I would be at my small group that night. I was shocked that a. he was calling me and b. that he was just checking on my attendance at small group. Well he told me he wanted to talk to me about something and that he would meet me after small group. I was more than a little intrigued but I had hours to wait. I never once thought he was going to ask me to take on this huge job. I was so overwhelmed but in the back of my mind I heard a voice telling me to do it. I believe now that was God. I love kids and enjoy being a teacher but never once thought about being a children's minister or pastor as the Venture website says. I am loving it though. It is certainly challenging and I am learning as I go. I feel strongly that this is what God wants me doing now. I am still teaching and will continue. Thank you for all the support and encouragement that I have received from my Venture family. It is overwhelming. :)
Moving on...my parents have moved back to the states. It's a long story but the short version is that my dad is having some serious eye problems and needs to have some procedures done. We are blessed to have one of only four doctors in the world who do this procedure in Cincinnati, OH. He is working with the eye doctor my dad has had for years. So my parents are back in Iowa and settling in. Many things are still up in the air there but they have amazing trust in God.
Almost done...I'm excited to have my whole family in town the first of May. It will be the first time we have all been together since Colin's graduation almost two years ago.
Finally, I just can't wait for summer!
That's all for now. Hopefully I will be better about updating. I'll also try and throw a few more pictures in here. I know that's a little more interesting. :)
m :)
3 comments:
I'm SO excited about your new job too:) God is using you in great ways already! Thanks for following Him.
I'll be praying for your dad still.
You are doing a great job!!! Stay strong.
I am serious: I have actually worked on a movie list and may have it done this week. I'm a horrible friend, I know.
Post a Comment