Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Ahhh...Valentines Day. As a single person I feel like our culture has trained me to hate Valentines Day. I however don't believe that Valentines Day is just about couples. There are so many kinds of love and I choose to celebrate those. It is no secret that I want very much to be married someday. I am currently in one of my more patient stages of waiting. :) It is hard to be a single person in this day and age. Technology has changed the scene of meeting and dating someone. It seems like more and more when I talk to someone about how hard it is to meet guys they are suggesting I try some form of online dating. I have never felt like that is the right path for me. I know people have successfully met and married through those sites but that is not supposed to be my story. That is something I feel strongly about but my resolve waivers some when my close friends start to suggest online dating. God has a different plan for me.

I want to dedicate the rest of this post to my married friends and family. Thank you for showing me what marriage looks like. I am surrounded by so many amazing marriages. My grandparents were married for 60 plus years when my grandfather passed away last year. I saw the mutual love and respect they had for each other. They made it look easy. My parents have been married for almost 40 years. It is hard to express the example they have been to me especially in the more recent years. They moved to Budapest which was a huge thing for my mother. They have shown me partnership in serving God. My brothers and my dad have also helped to set a high standard of the kind of man I want in my life. My brothers are both blessed with great wives. My sister in laws have been strong examples of Godly wives. My married friends have so much fun with their husband or wife. It is so cool to see how your spouse is your best friend. I have also learned that marriage is not always easy, however, I have seen some marriages overcome a lot. Thank you to all for the example of love and respect you have for your spouse. Someday, God will bring a guy into my life who loves God, will serve God alongside me and occasionally watch Gossip Girl or the Bachelor with me. :) You have all helped me be a little more prepared for that.

I hope that whether married or single you have enjoyed Valentines Day and remembered God's love for you.

:) m

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great post, and great perspective on Valentine Day.

Jennifer said...

Good for you for relying and resting on God.

I miss you, sweet friend. Let's get together soon!

P.S. I ALMOST bought you and LB a box of Edward chocolates...I just couldn't get past the creep-factor - his glare was way over the top :)

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

Great post! You are loved, sweet friend!

Lori said...

Molly, how? how, did i not know that you had a blog??? i think about my sweet 'teacher friends' all the time....miss y'all.