Saturday, May 15, 2010

Molly's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Possibly one of the worst weeks on record. Here is what has been going on...

It started out as any other week. Monday morning we had an assembly at school. It was about anti-bullying and was presented by two policemen from Plano. One did tricks on the trampoline and smiled like a clown. The other did martial arts which if I am honest looks like choreography with weapons. It was kind of freaky.

I'm starting to forget the early part of the week. So let's just jump to Wednesday. I had asked my room mom to come in and help me do power points with my class at 9:30. Also we were starting poop gate 2010. Recently there has been a girl wiping poop all over the walls of the stalls. A "poopcasso" as one of my friends deemed them. They had questioned a couple of girls in my class and thought it might be one of them. So as a second grade team we set up a covert operation to catch the culprit. Basically this consisted of us checking the bathroom all the time after my girls were in the bathroom. It was a "code 9" so the kids wouldn't get suspicious.

So Wednesday morning while my class is writing poems they bring in a new student. This is my second new student in two weeks. I had nothing for him and he brought nothing. We had to rearrange desks and the whole time I am having to "code 9" to the other teachers. So we finally got everyone settled. At 9:30 my room mom came in to do power points which is crazy enough without new students and having to check the bathrooms all the time. I spent an hour running all over the computer lab hearing "Miss Davis" over and over again. I am so thankful I had my room mom there to help. With all the going on I am trying to get my math assessments done which requires me to meet with students one on one. The poopcasso struck again. As we are cleaning up to go home I look over at my little autistic friend and he is crying. He won't tell me why he is crying so I have to figure it out. I was so glad to have that day end and send those kids home.

Thursday was day two of poop gate. It was also day 100 and something of me trying to get a student to finish any of his work and not be rude. Well, he complained of this stomach hurting and eventually I let him go to the nurse. She sent him back before recess. He complained repeatedly of his stomach hurting so I let him go back to the nurse. She sent him back to lunch and told him he could come back if he didn't feel better. Well he was fine in lunch and I told him he couldn't go back to the nurse. Of course he did anyway and I had to go find him. Meanwhile trying to catch the poop culprit. I also got an email from my principal asking if we could meet to talk about next year on Friday morning. So I had the joy of thinking about that all night. I did end up staying awake until 12 because I couldn't turn off my brain.

That brings us to Friday. I was exhausted by this point. We were on day three of poop gate and I had to leave my class to go meet with my principal. Well, she told me all kinds of flattering things before she told me that I was moving to kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN! Seriously? So I walked out of the office feeling okay because I have a friend that is on the team. Then I call her and she tells me that she is moving up to 1st grade and I am taking her spot. I was really sad after that. I also had to tell my team where I was going. I hate leaving them. I have taught with Erica for the last five years. What will I do without her next year? I did manage to keep a positive attitude until I got in my car and was driving out of the neighborhood. Then the tears came. I am still wrapping my head around this change. I don't like the reason that I am getting moved. It's kind of crappy that I have to move to accommodate someone's desire to be a principal. I think it is only fair to only move teachers when there is an opening. It's shady. I know however that God is in control. I never thought I wanted to be a children's pastor but I love that so maybe I will love kindergarten. Even if I don't God has a greater plan and His ways are not mine. I have so much more to say but this is long enough as it is. I am just glad to go to bed and see this week end.

Oh we may have caught the poopcasso. It's hard to say 100% because we don't have 100% proof. Kids are disgusting and I'm not sure how I ended up with all the weirdos in my class this year.

I think I'll move to Australia.
m:)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, first, I am SO sorry about your "crap-tastic" (in more ways than one) week.
And bummer about the move. We're lucky God is the best lemonade maker EVER.
And finally, you are hilarious. Your voice on this post had me laughing out loud.
Love you, friend. Saying a prayer for your last 3 weeks!

Leah J. said...

You are ALMOST there, my friend! Teaching is SO tough, but those little precious ones are so blessed to have you as their teacher!

Let me tell you ... I had a "poopcasso" of my own when I taught. She was completely busted by several other girls, her parents denied it, said I was lying because I didn't "like" her ... on and on. Total drama!!!

Erica Smith said...

I will miss you Molly...where have the last five years gone? I love your blog, you are so funny! :) SWAK!!!