Thursday, December 24, 2009

First Christmas Eve by Myself


I am spending my first Christmas Eve by myself. It wasn't intentional but hasn't been so bad. I was supposed to be flying to Iowa at 6:30 tonight to be with my family. However, the weather in Texas decided to be difficult. My flight was canceled and I am just hoping to fly out on Christmas Day. I have great friends who invited me to their Christmas Eve plans. I opted to stay home. I did go to church with my friend Jana, her husband and his family. The church was beautiful and the kids that were part of the service were so funny. One kid wore a orange furry hat on stage as a shepherd and another kid looked like Harry Potter. I thought I was at Hogwarts for a while.

After church we started the long drive home. Seriously it took an hour to get home. There were so many police cars out and lots of cars off the road. Apparently in Texas you are supposed to drive with your hazard lights on when the roads are icy. Also someone should tell the drivers to stop braking every five minutes.

When I pulled up in my driveway Santa had come early and left stockings full of goodies on the front porch. Thank you to whoever Santa is. I have spent the rest of the evening watching good Christmas television. Who knew that I would get a white Christmas in Texas. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

:) m

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you came up with some good plans! And TV on Christmas Eve IS good! We were supposed to go to my Nandy's house, but ended up staying home. White Christmases are nice, but not necessarily all they're cracked up to be in TX, since nobody's ready for them :) Love you, sweet friend!