So some of you may notice that I started this blog last year at Thanksgiving. I didn't keep it up or even give the link to anyone because I didn't think that I had anything to say that people would want to read. I still may not but I have more of a direction for my blog now.
This year a Thanksgiving I spent the week in New York with my brother Colin and his wife Kirsten. It was great to get out of town and just relax. I am thankful that they were willing to let me come. On Thanksgiving morning I was watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which I hadn't done in years. Well I got to thinking about how I would like to go to the parade some year. Then I remembered that I don't love large crowds of people. So I changed my mind and decided that I would like to go to New York around Christmas time. This got me to thinking about other things that I would like to do. I have come up with a list of 30 things I would like to do before I turn 30. I have a year and 10 months. I know this is probably very cliche but oh well. :) I am going to need some help to accomplish some of these which is why I am putting them on here. I want some accountability. I am also going to blog about the items as I cross them off the list. So here is the list...
30 Things to do before I turn 30
1.Go to New York City at Christmas time
2. Be a size 8 (I hate putting this on here but...)
3. Go on a blind date (I have never done this. I also don't expect anything from it but maybe a good story)
4.Try skiing again
5. Go to a Mavs game
6. Go to a Cowboys game
7. Buy a new couch ( my first major piece of furniture to purchase...sad)
8. Do a 10 K
9. Buy a really expensive pair of jeans
10.Pay off all credit cards ( a little embarrassing to admit)
11. Take a cooking class
12. Serve a meal at a homeless shelter
13. Deliver meals to shut-ins (I did this in high school but haven't done it since)
14.Watch 30 movies from AFI's list of 100 best movies
15. Read 18 novels from a list of top 100 novels to make 30 total novels that I have read.
16. Read my Bible through in a year
17. Learn a new language
18. Be an audience member on a TV show
19. Rent a convertible for a day and drive around with the top down and music blaring
20. Attend a big rock concert (wishing I had gone to U2)
21. Attend a drive in movie
22.Ride a horse
23. Start grad school
24. Give my number to a stranger (not someone scary)
25. Start a blog (maybe this one should say maintain a blog since technically I have already started this one)
26.Cook a fancy meal for my friends
27. Send a message in a bottle (hmmm....this one sounded a lot better the other night)
28. Learn to drive a standard
29. Go on an LST trip (Let's Start Talking for those of you that may not know)
30. ??? Any suggestions?
So there it is. I should probably get started right away. Let me know if you want to help with anything on the list. :)
7 comments:
Whoa! That's a lot of stuff. You better get to work! You have just a little less than two years to accomplish a lot! I think number 30 should be: "Lick Jason's face...again." You're welcome.
Ok, over half of the things on here are just like mine!!! If the weather clears up between now and the 14th...let's rent that convertible and blare the music as loud as we can and we can do it before I TURN 30!!!! Seriously, a ton of those match mine!!! I will help you with these for sure. Then, I can check them off my list before it becomes my 30 I never completed:)
um, just had a genius idea...the car in my garage? hello? its a convertible!!! 57 thunderbird??? or my dad has another convertible too. who needs to rent one when there are 2 for free??? let's get one of these marked off your list soon!
Nix the AFI list thing. Seriously, I tried once. You know how much I like movies and I couldn't do it. A lot of those old movies are so incredibly boring. It took me 6 days to get through "Lawrence of Arabia." I will make you a list of 30 must see-movies that will kick AFI in the pants.
Seriously, "lick Jason's face" would be so tremendous for number 30.
When I read the title of this post, I automatically read it to the tune of Aladdin's "A Whole New World." I now have that and various other Disney tunes stuck in my head. Thank you.
YAY Molly! Love the blog, love the list!
I can help with two of them: LB and I were talking about how the three of us need to take a trip - we should TOTALLY go skiing!!
Also, I'd LOVE to train for a 10K with you! That's something on my "list" too! Let's do it!
P.S. Why is Brian so obsessed with licking peoples' faces?
I can teach you how to drive a standard! I own one, so we can do it any time. Definitely go with Brian's movie list and licking Jason is always a funny thing to do!
Post a Comment