Well I am sitting on my couch full of turkey and other tasty foods. I am planning for my crazy shopping experience at 4:00 in the morning and reflecting on Thanksgiving. This year was a bit different for me. I had Thanksgiving lunch with my sister-in-laws family. They were so sweet to include me and definitely made me feel very welcome. I will admit that this morning I was not very excited at the prospect of spending the day with someone else's family. I just wanted to get through the day. As I was driving over to my brothers I thought of the old days.
My family has always done Thanksgiving with my mom's family. The Fischer's aren't a big crowd and I never had cousins my age. I didn't really get very excited about the holidays because I always saw my family. I also think I was pretty bored on several occasions. Now however I look back on those holidays with fond memories. The last few years I have just had Thanksgiving with my immediate family. Even in those times I did not truly appreciate the time spent with my family. I now miss those times. I would love to have had the whole family together today.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving day and I am so thankful for the family I was with today. It made me realize how much I need to appreciate and enjoy the time I get to spend with people. As we enter this crazy holiday season I encourage you to enjoy the time you spend with people and not keep looking for what is coming next. I know these posts have all been a little serious. Tomorrow look for my adventures in Black Friday shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment